Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oh boy, it's a boy!

Our ultrasound confirmed this mother's intuition - we're having a little boy! (An undershot - looking up towards his bum, legs are pointed out to the left) Gotta have that proof! :)


A profile image of the babe... Kind of cool. He was very active during the appointment. Today I am noticing more and more the nudges of movement in my belly. Pregnancy's about to get a little more fun...



Otherwise, so much has happened that I wanted to blog about:
1. Pace took a canoe trip with his scouts down the Colorado (some 60 miles) last weekend. This is the troop that has had 4 search and rescues/air-vacs within the past 4 years. It was good to have them return safe and sound. He had a great time! I really missed him, though. Not having him here brought my affections more toward the surface - he is my best friend! I love and appreciate him so much! And... he came back all tan with enormous lats (rowing a canoe does wonders for the back and shoulder muscles). He's a hottie! :)

2. Summer school - I'm taking 2 classes this month: Microeconomics & US History Post Civil War to Present. One is internet and the other I spend two nights a week downtown. Great option with gas prices the way they are. Whew, will the gouging of the American consumer ever end? June is proving to be a pretty hectic month, but very enjoyable! I love gaining an education!! July we pack and August we move. Which leads me to my next point...

3. The process of securing housing and financial aid for law school is a bit daunting, if I do say so myself. (I was in banking for 10 years - I didn't think this part would be difficult, but it is.) Especially from hundreds of miles away from your future home/university. I cried yesterday, starring facts and figures in the face. I felt a little without hope, overwhelmed. Luckily others have gone through it, are going through it, and can help me get through it. (Thank you!)
It'll work, somehow it's gotta work. :)

22 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats on the boy you busy mom! Boys are great, you'll have a blast and Sydney will be a great big sister. I hope everything runs smooth for you guys in the next few months. Good luck and take it easy, girl. :)

Smith Family said...

A boy! congrats!! He will be a lot of fun. Take care and I don't envy your decisions you are facing. YUCK!

Tami said...

You have a lot going on in your life right now. That's awesome that you are going to school. I'm glad that the scouts came home safely. They only need to be rescued when they hike before, during, or after it rains. I've noticed those seems to be conditions when our troop gets into trouble. My son turns 12 in 4months and I've a little nervous, but I'll need to exercise my faith while he goes on the campouts. I have some pictures of Pace on the canoe. I'll get them to you or email them to you. I'm thrilled that you guys are having a boy. They make the cutest boy clothes now. It's fun to have a boy and a girl right at the start. Pace will love to have a boy to hang out with and play. I hope that everyone goes well with your move and Law School. It will be an incredible journey and we will pray for you. It's been fun getting to know you and your family better these past few months. I've glad that we have the opportunity to stay in touch when you move away. Jim has enjoyed working with Pace in scouts. It's so cute that they share the name Pace. Sorry that I wrote a long comment. Congratulations again on having a boy!

MSorenson said...

I love those profile ultrasound shots. He's a cutie. I am so impressed that you are taking classes while trying to plan this next exciting phase of life. You will get through it and it WILL be worth it. Our two years of grad school went by SO fast!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for baby boys!!!!!

Smith Family said...

When Gavin told me, we were so excited!!!! A BOY will be wonderful and we are so excited for you!!! Good luck with your summer school classes and all of that school stuff-- It must be a lot to think about on top of being pregnant!!! Whenever you want to swim or go to the zoo, give us and call and we will be there!!!

The Blakes said...

Yay for boys! I wish my mothers intuition would speak to me right now, I have no idea what we're having! Good luck with all the planning...I know it's stressful, but all part of the adventure!

Linz said...

FUN FUN!! Boys are so great!! So excited for you guys!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a busy time-you are a go-getter!

Congrats on the baby boy...we love our boy & it will be so much fun to see Sydney as the big sis!

Exciting times you have ahead.

Oh, and about the scout trips...I used to hate it when Jordan went on the outings because I wanted to spend time with him...but I've finally come to forgo the sadness and just appreciate his return...it makes for a sweet reunion for all 4 of us!

Layton Clan said...

Yea, Yea, Yea! It's a BOY! I love you girl. I can totally make you a header... e-mail me at emandjen@gmail.com, and tell me what you want. I love you girl!

Jen

White Family said...

Congratulations on your boy! You definitely called it. It's funny how sometimes you just know! I completely agree with you on gaining an education it's such a blessing, a lot of hard work but a blessing! I hope you guys get the housing and financial aid situation figured out. I can only imagine how stressed out you must be, sheesh. Good luck, I'm sure it will all work out great!

Aleia said...

Congrats on your baby boy!

ecuakim said...

Yea!!!!!! I am soooooo happy for you guys!!! Mostly, I'm happy for Pace, because he finally gets a boy!!!! But, I'm generally happy for you too, Gwen! Hee, hee. I love that you will get to experience the "boy" stuff. It's fun and oh so messy...! I hope you'll call me when you feel down...you've always helped me so much, I want you to know that you can count on me too. I know what it's like to feel overwhelmed!! Love ya.

tiffany said...

Congrats! A little boy. We sure love having Jacob around! If we end up a girl, I'll send you all of my boy clothes;)

Courtney said...

Such an exciting time for you guys! Congrats on the little boy...he will be so cute and so fun! Wish a had a tad of that mother's intuition....I was wrong with both of mine!

Debbie said...

that is so wonderful. we are so excited for you and Pace and Sydney. now the pressure will be off in the future...you will have one of each! haha

the Painters said...

NOt only is Syd fun (a couple posts down) but she is BEAUTIFUL to boot! I am so happy you are having a boy! They do love their momma's and I'm telling ya, you are going to LOVE that bond. It is fabulous. So happy for you guys and all the law school stuff. I hope it's UofA too!

sheri rog said...

my friend!
surprise! andrea found you & sent me the link! how are you?

come my way & let's reconnect...
more then!

congratulations on a boy! hooray for a girl & a boy!

Raina said...

Congrats! Boys are great! I am loving my baby boy!
Raina
PS I loved the you tube video! I cried it was so funny!

Smith Family said...

I wasn't sure if you had a phone yet, but Felicity and I wanted to see if you and Sydney wanted to play this week-- let me know!

The Jessups said...

Hi! This is sooo random because you don't know me, but your blog came across in a random google search I was doing to find something here in Lubbock, and saw that you moved to Lubbock, although for some reason, I don't see the entry on your blog that I see in google. ANYWAYS, my husband just finished his first year here at Tech Law. AND, It's a small world--I see you know the Vances. My mom and Debbie served in Young Womens together when I was a baby. Okay, so on this random comment, I hope you all had a safe trip and are settled in (if this is even where you guys are?! I can't read the entry...) and I don't even know if you will see this comment?

The Jessups said...

PS-If I'm not being random enough...if you have questions about lubbock, my email is kendaljessup@gmail.com.