Here's what happened:
1. Pace took me out July 1st as a surprise for a belated anniversary. (Once my internet class ended I could finally relax and celebrate). He had booked a room at the hotel we stayed in the night of our wedding, got D-Backs tickets to that evening's game (Milwaukee Brewers), and took me out shopping all afternoon for some new maternity clothes. I have the best husband ever!! Here we are (awesome seats, thanks to a realtor friend) wearing matching shirts (what guy will purposefully do that!??) at the D-Backs game. We had a great time! Thanks to Ash and Anthon for taking care of Syd!
2. As soon as we returned Wed, July 2nd, I felt like, "Okay Pace, call UofA." He agreed. The admissions office guy was really helpful, let him know the status of the wait list there, and ultimately that "chances were slim". YAY!! We were comfortable going forward with Lubbock/Texas Tech!
3. We jumped in the car the next evening (Thurs, July 3rd) and headed to Lubbock, stopping briefly in Show Low to sleep. Thanks again to sweet Ash and Uncle Anthon for moving in with Syd - she was happier here and we moved so quick without her. Literally it took 24 hours before we had secured the most blessed home and we were on our way back to Show Low! I know the Lord has lead us and is leading us to where we are headed... We are really going to like it there!
(Here's a pic of the home we've rented across a big, beautiful park)
4. We've sold off some furniture, scheduled things to be turned on in Lubbock (utilities, phone, etc), and currently are trying to rent/sell our condo last minute. If you know of anyone looking it's 1401 sq ft, 3/2/1 (4 yrs old) for $1050/month. Singles fit perfectly in here (no yard, but the community pool is great and there's lots of add'l parking right outside). :) Gotta work our contacts! Three weeks goes by really fast! Amazingly enough, we're very calm, enthusiastic, and are anxious to move! Faith helps keep our heads from swimming with all the immediate changes coming our way, with rapid speed I might add... We are so grateful!!




7 comments:
I'm happy everything is moving so smoothly for you guys, but SAD to see you go :(! Your rental house looks beautiful- I can't wait to come help you decorate it :)!!
I will really miss you Gwen! I can't believe it is already here. I am leaving to Utah on Wed. and wont be back until the 26! I hope to see you before you leave. That is really exciting you found a place.
What a great move for you guys. I'm so happy for you. We've definitely got to get together before you leave...if only for 20 minutes!
How do you know Jodi and Auburn?
Love ya!
OH MY GOSH! So great!! Looking forward to hearing all about the move and the new life in Texas!!!
I love brick front homes! They have so much more character than the stucco ones we usually call home. Good luck on the move.
Hey i am excited for you guys, it is going to be an adventure... i am so glad you updated your blog, i check for it regularly.
Wow your husband is so romantic! Good luck with your move!
Post a Comment