Friday, July 10, 2009

5 Reasons

Five reasons I love my husband even more today!
1. For the second day in a row we were babysitter-less (it's youth conference this weekend). Instead of having me miss class he opted to take off from his externship (precious hours and experience) to be with our kids for the entire 5 hours (usually it's two) for the second day in a row! And he was truly happy to do it!!
2. He brought me my goggles, on his own accord, so I could go swim laps after class - encouraged me to do it, even though he'd be with the kids alone longer... I didn't ask to!
3. He picked me up lunch and brought the kids to see me between classes, took them to play at the Science Center.
4. He's handsome and I love his smile, I see it a ton lately (must be the slightly lighter load of his summer school) :) and...
5. Tomorrow I am taking a plane to Vegas to spend the weekend with my girlfriend and several other of her friends, alone. Cassie (from back east, see our trip to DC a year ago last October for photos, super awesome girl!) is getting married and is having her bachelorette party there! I totally wasn't thinking I could go, but Pace told me in January that he'd work that week we were in AZ visiting to earn money to pay for my ticket to go. Sniff, sniff. I can't say how thankful I am for my dear friend and wonderful husband!! "Can life get better? I submit that it can NOT!!" :) (to quote BrianRegan)

It isn't Father's Day today but I have to say again, I am so grateful for him! That he let's me go to school, encourages and supports me in all my happy endeavors, wants me to be happy, and I can't tell him enough my gratitude for him and his example. He is a tremendous blessing to me and everyone around him. Just wanted to share that :)

7 comments:

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Aha, I couldn't figure out why you were on a plane going to Vegas when you text me. Next time, share more details :) Hope you have fun and don't get into too much trouble!

Unknown said...

Pace is awesome!! What a great guy :)! Hope you have fun in Vegas (well, had fun... you're probably home now). Call me & Tell me about your trip :)

sheri rog said...

love it, gwen!

(i just caught a glimpse of the word i've gotta spell to post this comment..."pregr". how'd it know i was "pregr"???

Ü

Family Piñol Plattner said...

Aren't we lucky to have husbands like that! I can't be thankful enough either! Lots of loves and an extra kiss for Pace!!

Anonymous said...

aawww what a great guy!! yea for good husbands!

MSorenson said...

Pace is awesome! You definately got a good one, so did he for that matter! I cracked up when you asked about Duran Duran. Dave was not a fan and he tormented Jeni about them. I'm sure you can imagine how it went with his sense of humor!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a great husband! I hope you had fun here in Vegas. And I hope your school schedule is going well!