Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day

Here I am again! Posting, wow huh! It hasn't even been a month :)

I love Lubbock weather. One day it's 70 degrees outside and the next you have this winter wonderland.



I couldn't get over how gorgeous all the trees around town were, all encapsulated in ice! The sunlight would catch them just right and I realized why we put clear glass ornaments on our Christmas trees - mesmerizing! :) (Too bad my point and click couldn't really capture the beauty)

Of course, since Lubbock doesn't get a ton of snow the citizens aren't used to the hazardous conditions... Schools shut down because of icy roadways. Pace and I had classes cancel on both Thursday and Friday, which made for a wonderful, unexpected break and an extra long weekend.
We had a ball!!



Drew's first experience with snow:
Used all his 5 senses to explore the intriguing white fluffy stuff everywhere...


Pace loved playing with them, and the kids had a great time too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you :). Your house looks so pretty! I love that last picture of Pace with the kids... they are too cute!! Wish we could've been there to play together!

Anonymous said...

yay for snow! and cute pictures!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Fun, I so miss the snow. It's SOOOO much prettier than the ugly desert.

Lacy Rane said...

How fun!! I wish we had some snow! Gwen, your kids are huge . . . how does that happen so fast?! They are so cute. We miss you guys.

MSorenson said...

How did I miss this post? Looks like a great day! We had a little snow when we were up in UT last month. It was fun, but I gotta say I love AZ!