Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sydney's 4th Birthday


This year we had a Princess Party with a dress up theme :) All guests were invited to wear their favorite princess, fairy, or super-hero costume. The kids loved it - everyone had a blast!

Sydney of course was Cinderella (her favorite, I love it!)
And my sweet friend Leslie came up with the BEST Cinderella cake! Exquisite in appearance and DELICIOUS to eat! Excellent job, Leslie - can't thank you enough!!

Here are the friends that came to celebrate


Can you believe these 3-5 year-olds sat still long enough for me to take their picture!? Amazing - I was so grateful!

Back row L->R: Matthew, Taylor, Sophie, Kelby, Syd
Front row L->R: J.J., Drew, Emma, Eli, Kayden


She didn't run out when they sang to her! Okay, she tried to... :) I followed her, then she pretended to need to use the restroom and kept telling me to go out. I convinced her to come back to the table (where all her guests were waiting) by assuring her that after they sang to her she could open her presents :) Thank goodness it worked! She was brave, I was so proud.

Present time always requires a little bit of crowd control :) They were so fun, and she really got a lot of great things. Everyone had fun opening them!

They played a blindfolded "put Cinderella in her window" game... Couldn't do outdoor activities as we 'd planned since it had rained all week. They didn't seem to mind though!

The pinata of course was a big crowd pleaser, kind of a tradition

Sophie's up to bat :)

Everyone collecting and enjoying the candy!
...and as the party wound down...

Too fun! Good kids, sweet memories :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYD!

3 comments:

ashley said...

oh i love it! So glad it all worked out... and that you decided to have them dress up too. It looks like so much fun! Sorry we were so late... I swear I lost my brain that day. Love you!!! Can't believe baby 3 is almost here!~ I"ll call you to bring some goodies soon.

Unknown said...

SOOO cute!! The decorations, the cake, the Syd... LOVE them all! She looks darling as Cinderella! The video of her singing happy birthday is SO sweet...I can't believe how grown up she is! wish I could've been there! Good news is I WILL be there in like 2 weeks :D! Happy brithday Sydney Bug!!

ecuakim said...

Wow. That cake is amazing! I cannot believe that Sydney is FOUR YEARS OLD! Just doesn't seem possible. Well, maybe to you, with #3 on the way! Good luck with that. Hope the labor/delivery is nice and easy. I'll be thinking about you! Love ya.