Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lincoln Earl DeRay Rawlins

This is Ashleigh doing a quick update for Gwen- He's here! Lincoln was born last night (around 11ish- sorry, not 100% sure of all the details), he weighed 8lbs 1oz. He's named after Pace's hero's- Abraham Lincoln, his grandpa Earl & his dad DeRay :). Gwen was sick with a high fever, so her Dr. told her to go to the hospital & they would induce her. Well, when she got there, her water broke & she had a normal delivery without having to be induced (which she was really happy about), AND the epidural worked this time YAY! Lincoln came out in 2 pushes & is BEAUTIFUL! We only got a couple pictures of him before they took him to the NICU (he had a fever when he was born & they just wanted to make sure everything was ok). I talked to Gwen just now & she said that the poor little guy has pneumonia & they had to do a spinal tap to make sure he doesn't have meningitis :(. They'll be keeping him in the NICU for at least a week- until he's better then he can come home... Same for Gwen. She says she feels good, but she still had a fever last night so they want to get rid of any infection she has before they release her.

Gwen will update more when she gets home, & I'm sure give you a more detailed story of Lincoln's arrival & situation.

7 comments:

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

He's so sweet! I don't know how you keep it all together Gwen, you're a strong cookie! Glad he's doing ok, did you know he had pneumonia when we talked this morning? I hope you both get better soon!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Oh, and your Baby Widget is retarded! It says you still have four days to go. It should be saying, "Poor mama, you're four days overdue!"

MSorenson said...

He is darling! So glad he came out easy. Take care of yourself and give sweet Lincoln some lovin from us. You guys have had a rough couple days, rest up.

ecuakim said...

Way to go! Just keep adding to that beautiful bunch of yours, will ya?! Seriously, with your gene pool, you guys should consider having LOTS more kids. But enough about the beauty! So glad you are all safe and sound and doing well and that the delivery was easier this time around!!!! Prayer is good. And it works! Yea!!! Love to all of you beautiful people. Wish I could be with you.

sheri rog said...

what a beautiful picture. congrats.
...a new update, too, please!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Congrats on little Lincoln! What a cute little man. I hope you are both doing well now! We are in good timing with our kids ;) - I think each has come within weeks of each other.

Lacy Rane said...

Congratulations!! (Way over due . . . I know.) What a sweet baby! So how are you doing with three?! Still enjoying Texas? Give us an update!