Friday, August 15, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, we've made it so far... :) After some MAJOR help with loading, unloading, and driving the UHaul (Pace's Dad drove, he is amazing! Along with everyone else who helped, thank you! Seriously, you saved us! Thank you all so much!) By the 4th day Pace and I had worked non-stop to have pictures up on the walls, things put away, the garage organized and cleared out with cars parked in it (what a treat!) and nearly all the boxes emptied. It was tiring, but we felt great to be home and comfortable. Now that I've had Ashleigh here for almost a week! (How awesome has that been!) the kids' rooms are decorated, and I can relax a little and post some pictures. :)

The Family Room
A tuckered out "Nash" lays sleeping :)
(door is to the back yard)





I love the mantle. It's a great place to put
nice things away from little hands :)

(We found Hobby Lobby here - vinyl sayings were 50% off!)



The Master Bedroom
It all fits! We had to combined the den with our room
to make room for baby #2 - Worked out great!







Sydney's favorite areas:
1. The kitchen
(happens to be Pace's favorite too)
We lock the fridge - no raspberry/strawberry incidents here :)



2. Outside
Yeah! Syd has a backyard! And a running Barbie jeep :)
(Pace was more excited about the jeep than Syd at first
A customer gave it to him. Now she loves it!)



3. Her bedroom/playroom
I'll post just this for now, another vinyl saying we fell in love with
I like the Princess theme better with this phrase added to it :)



And lastly... The Nursery :)
(If I can just keep Syd out of Pace Andrew's bed!)



I love how his name turned out.
Ashleigh helped me paint and decorate the letters :)



Aside from getting settled, here are a few small updates:
1. Syd is now full-time in a big girl bed!
2. She said, "Holy crap" yesterday... I had to laugh :)
Guess I'd better start watching my phraseology!
3. Pace made it through 3 intense yet inspiring days of orientation.
He's overwhelmed at times but is loving it so far!
4. I enrolled in 2 classes POS 110 & CIS 105, online at MCC
Gotta take what you can when you can... should be good. :)
5. We've made some neat friends already!
Good people here in Lubbock. :)
Our records were read in the ward on Sunday, I cried. :)

It felt good/ right, like "We're home, for now" :)

17 comments:

TF said...

Wow, you have really done your work! I am impressed! And what a beautiful home! That is so nice that you have a back yard...the one thing I wish our house had more of! Good luck on it all. We miss you guys.

Smith Family said...

Impressive work! I like how you have it decorated. I love the vinyl lettering on the walls. Glad you're settled in and that it feels like home. Enjoy the time!

Courtney said...

Wow, your house is more put together than ours, and we have been here a month! It looks great, glad you are feeling well!

The Blakes said...

I'm impressed at your speed in getting your house put together. I'm sure the nesting feeling from the pregnancy was a factor! Everything looks fantastic - you have a knack for decorating!

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

Oh I have been waiting for you to blog something about the new house and how you were! We miss you guys like crazy! Every time I drive by your old place I tear up and Emma asks to play with Sydney on a daily basis:( She is not catching on that "she moved to Texas" means she is far away. She now asks if we can go to Texas to see Sydney:) Love you guys! The house looks fabulous, shoot your house is more put together than mine and we have been here over 5 years, geez...

Unknown said...

Your house is DARLING! I had so much fun visiting you guys... now only 2 more months & we'll get to hang out again :). Give Sydney a big kiss for me, & maybe cross your eyes at her for me too... her laugh is irresistible!!

sheri rog said...

Oh my...your house looks so comfy-cozy! And I love that mantle. I'm so happy for you guys. The nursery is so adorable! And sydney's room is so cute, too. Great job, Gwen!

ecuakim said...

Oh, Gwen, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm serious...you have done a BEAUTIFUL JOB. Good for you. And Pace--for working so hard! I'm happy you're happy. Love you.

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Your house looks great, I'm glad your loving your new home! I can't wait until we have a yard for Lily, I'm sure Syd loves it!!

The Jessups said...

Wow, you settled in quickly! Welcome to Lubbock. :) We will need to get together soon. I am going to try to make it to play group this week, if you're interested!

MSorenson said...

Your house looks beautiful! I love the nursery. How fun that you got to have Ash come and help. It was great talking to you yesterday, we miss you guys tons. Give Syd hugs and kisses from Taylor.

Aleia said...

your home is so lovely!

Anonymous said...

This looks like a model home! How could you have just moved in? Everything looks perfect!!! When we move we live in shambles for a few months while I try to regain control. Great job Gwen! You are an amazing homemaker! I just noticed my daughter was signed in, but this is really Erin typing :o)

Jodiane said...

Life seems to be all set up for you guys. I know what you mean about working hard. I made it to Moscow on Sunday Night. I am still recovering from the Fairbanks-Mesa-Salt Lake-Moscow in less than a week traveling. Oh well. I have had one day of Orientation and am overwhelmed a bit. I hope my books come i ordered them on Amazon. Anyways. I am liking it here in Moscow. A small community but I am impressed with what I am seeing/hearing already. We will definitely need to catch up for real via phone in a few weeks to get the real scoops on each other. Anyways, i love you guysl

Autumn and Keith said...

Hello there, I am so glad everything has gone so great!! Keith is three hours away from you guys in San Angelo Tx, at Goodfellow AFB. I am planning a trip somtime in mid to late September, maybe we can all get together. Our blog is www.autumnshearer.blogspot.com. Keith does not come home until November 6th, and we don't move to Virgina until the end of November.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Everything looks great - what progress!

What an exciting new stage...I love change.

the Painters said...

I am so happy htat you are all settled in. The house look sgreat, so cozy and very liveable and ready for baby! What an adorable nursery. Yay! Only 68 days to go! Great "dashing" hair cut too for your hubby.