Friday, July 25, 2008

We've had a busy week...


If you can't tell, that's Dad's favorite Rocky Road ice cream she's fallen nearly face first in. :) I bribed her with it so I could go clean myself up after swimming in the pool. She's a tired little Syd. :) We sold our beautiful table and chairs, found a new set more kid-friendly & easier to move from place to place that we'll just pick up and pack in the UHaul next Friday. Until then, it's make do with what you can (hence the little chair on the kitchen floor). Our dining room is now quickly filling with boxes...



(Notice the "ball pit" we found at a children's second hand store.
She loves it! Helps keep our girl sane amid all the chaos)

Some call it progress, I call it devastation...


I shouldn't have taken the pictures down from off the walls, or the curtains off the windows for that matter, until right before we left. The undoing of 4 years worth of decorating is pretty upsetting to a pregnant homemaker. I'm sure it isn't just me who has felt the stress of moving. It's gotta be done. Only 1 week left!

11 comments:

The Blakes said...

Moving seems plenty stressful without the added issue of being pregnant! Good luck with all the packing...you'll be redecorating your new place in no time!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

That's sad you have to leave your cute place, but I'm sure it'll be worth it as Pace, I'm sure, will do great in law school! Poor Sydney, she looks like she's had a very tiring week, the girls need to get together and play before you leave. I'm sure they both could use it. Lily is so tired too, they might see eachother and just PASS OUT! :) Just kidding!!

Unknown said...

SAAAD!!! I don't even want to think of someone else living in your house- I LOVED when we all lived there together!! I know this move is for the best though (snif, snif). The picture of Syd cracks me up! Your blog is darling, by the way :)

MSorenson said...

I love the changes to your blog, it is adorable. It is so sad to look at empty walls, but so worth it when you are loading up the truck. The last minute stuff can be a nightmare and I really think you will be glad you aren't pulling things off the walls and looking for a safe place for them.

Didion 6-Pack said...

Gwen, where have I been? YOu've posted so many wonderful things since I was on here last. Love the shower decorations! That is so creative. I guess I will be mailing your gift to Lubbock, email your new addy when you get it please. Love the sweet date your hubby surprised you with - - -WOW! Lucky you! Love ya lots, Erin

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Off to Texas...I'm so jealous. Change can be so fun!

What a trooper - doing so much at once & doing it all well.

ecuakim said...

LOVE THE BLOG!!!! And, I'm with ya...I'm having to really pack now and it stinks!

sheri rog said...

That's how I feel!! So darn tired. So, what am I doing up blogging, then?

I want to help you. What can I do from a distance? Ü

Linz said...

Oh my gosh and you did all of that with Syd and being pregnant!! You are a big trooper Gwen! Best of luck!!

Stewarts of Sheridan said...

Can't wait to hear how the move is going! Hope you are through the worst of it by now and are settling in to life again!
~Jenn

sheri rog said...

you moved in yet?