Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Here's our daughter happy...



Here's our baby girl SAD (if not mad)...



She did NOT want me to put her in any Halloween costume to save her life! Finally this Tuesday night Pace and I went to Kids R Us and found the LAST (it seemed) appropriately fitting girl's costume (on sale half off, thank you) that I thought she might let me have her wear. No such luck... As soon as I tried to put it on her she began squirming, pulling at the costume, shrieking, "Get 'off! Get 'off!"
Funny now, frustrating then.

I decided to pull out the camera to film the tantrum to keep from getting upset myself... gotta laugh somehow. Well, she immediately stopped crying and reached for her favorite "no, you can't touch this" device. Fine, you hold it - yeah! She now could care less about the dress she was wearing, and was far more amiable (as you'll see in a minute). I love technology... :)

I uploaded this video as really an audio only. It just caught her talking to herself and to me, some of her jibber-jabber (some things understandable, others not so much).
I like it, maybe you'll get a kick out of it too...



*Disclaimer - Please ignore the messy room! It's the one place I can let her make a mess, scatter toys, and that I clean up once a day before she goes to bed (otherwise I'd go mad)...

She obviously did end up getting used to the costume, wore it happily... Soon she was running around with friends at our ward's Trunk or Treat and had a great time! (Ate lots of chocolate!)


9 comments:

Unknown said...

SHE LOOKS DARLING!! I LOVE the 1st picture of her, but the one of her mad is CLASSIC! Oh, I CAN NOT wait for you guys to be here!! I loved the video- I miss hearing the "No, No, no" she does! I'm glad you got her use to the costume- it's too cute!

the michael family said...

that is too funny! What a cute little fairy!

The Blakes said...

She looks darling! Ty didn't care to be dressed up either. Doesn't he know it's all about me and what I want? Maybe next year will be less of a battle...

Debbie said...

I guess you either love dressing up or you don't!! We have both kinds in our family of grandchildren. Sid does look adorable though.

Congrats to Texas Tech in their recent win!! That must have been quite the game and definitely a huge win for them!

The Jessups said...

she is adorable. Great costume!!

sheri rog said...

that video is so funny!

she looked adorable! CHEESE!

MSorenson said...

So darling! I love all the pictures, especially the mad/sad one! It's a comfort that Taylor is not the only one with dressing up issues. Good talking to you today!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

That is too funny!

I'm sure you are so excited for the little man to arrive. I look forward to pictures!

Ashley (Belnap) Whiting said...

Yay! I can see your blog again! So you are due like, NOW, so when you have him, good luck! I hope everything goes well and you dont have to do another c section, poo! We love you guys and miss ya like crazy! The kids will be excited to see pictures of Syd:)