Friday, November 7, 2008

Visit from Grandma Mona Part 1: The Potty Book

My mom flew in Wednesday - hooray!! :)
Pace can go focus in studying, Sydney gets more love and attention,
and I can have my mom here for the delivery of this baby.
I am so happy!


Mom brought a book for Syd from Aunt Ash called
Once Upon a Potty. You can guess from the title that our girl isn't a fan of the potty training process and needs extra help(s). Thanks, Aunt Ash! I filmed this - totally memorable.

At first Sydney is loving the new story that Grandma is reading to her, but then she is confused. The author (from Israel) shows a jug-like potty jar that closely resembles an American gallon of milk (at least in my two year old's mind). She's convinced it's milk, and at one point even says "chocolate milk," (if you can handle that kind of humor...) Finally she gets it, "the little girl learned to go poo-poo and pee-pee on the potty, and to flush it - no more diapers!" Watch her reaction when Grandma reads that line. She makes a disgusted face and gets down from the couch :) - Priceless.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny- Chocolate milk?!? I LOVE her reaction @ the end!! Like "Oh no, she is NOT talking to me about going on the potty!" I'm glad you got that on video... PRICELESS!!

The Jessups said...

haha, that is hilarious!! Gosh, 2 days to go, huh?! I'd love to help you if you need it! Once your Mom is gone and you need some help, let me know! Or if you need me to watch Sydney at all.

sheri rog said...

soooo cute!

and i love to see your mom! tell her hi as you are delivering your 2nd born, ok? Ü

i'll be thinking of you. love you!