Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Break - here they come!

My beautiful family is coming here for spring break, arriving this Saturday - I CANNOT wait! I get to meet my sister's baby Roman for the first time... He's just 2 months younger than Drew. How fun is that going to be throughout our lives? :) AND my sweet husband is able to be with us for at least half the days throughout the week. He has a paper due the week after the break, but vows it won't be like a regular school week. Yippee! What more could I ask for?

I had to declare a major today....

At the last minute I decided to switch it from International Business to Finance. Makes more sense (ha, no pun intended). Finance is right up my alley, my passion pretty much. I'm excited to begin upper division core classes in the fall!


Which leads me to the new project on my plate, we started preparing for our semester abroad in Sevilla! (Incidentally, Tyler moved back to Utah... No more babysitting. Bummer)

Lots of time, energy, faith and patience, plus effort will go into this... 1. We have to rent a piso (apartment) over there for our family of four 2. Find people we trust to sublet our home (fully furnished, we have no intentions packing everything up for 6 months) 3. Get Pace's program and coursework approved (a project in itself) 4. Gain ample financing... we'll see how that goes. :) Anyway, we are totally stoked and believe this is what we're okay to do, that it will be awesome, a wonderful experience/adventure! Well worth the hard part that will inevitably come along with it :)

Other news...? I just can't wait for my Mom, Ash, Peter, and Roman to get here!!! Bummed Anthon (Ash's husband) can't come. Oh, and It's Ashleigh's birthday tomorrow (the 13th) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ash!!! Love you!! See you in two days!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA! I'm SO excited I could just DIE!! I can't wait to see you guys & your sweet kids... it's going to be so much fun!! I'm glad you switched your major- finance is more your style :). I hope everything works out for your semester in Spain (that way, we can come visit you & all celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary together :D!)Love you!

Emily Tenney Beardall said...

That's really cool! So he can go over there for school credits? Sounds like a lot to coordinate. Good thing both of you are familiar with Spain already. Sounds like an excellent adventure for your young family!