Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One Month Later...

I'm playing catch up again with 4 special events to blog about:
1. Sydney's 3rd Birthday Party!

8 little friends
+ One Butterfly Pinata

Makes one sweet little mess

Notice the fake eyeballs in the loot... Sydney picked those out, wouldn't leave the store without them. She just laughed as she'd hold them up to my closed eyelids and say, "Eyes!" Sweet, a little morbid but fun to remember :)

What started out timid...


Soon made the crowd go wild as the bigger boys busted it open
(I can't believe I deleted the video of it actually breaking!! You get the picture though)


Happy, Happy Birthday Sydney Dear!


2. Drew cut his first two teeth!
I tried taking a picture of them, but this is all I got

He's now 6 months old, weighs over 25 lbs (was 22 at his 4 month appt), wears size 12-18 month clothing; 87 percentile for height and 97 percentile for weight, he's huge! And adorable! We just love him!
The T-shirt should say Linebacker wanted... :)

Sydney has a blast making him laugh lately...



He's not a thumb sucker but he'd be a cute one if he were!

3. Pace finished his 1st year in law school!
What a triumph! And his grades aren't too shabby! :) Good job, Honey!! Who says you can't do it with a family?? :) jk Pace, we know it takes a LOT of hard work and effort! We love you!!


4. Trip to AZ
What a fun, but tiresome trip! :) As soon as Pace was done on Friday the 9th we took off for Mesa. No sooner than we left Lubbock Syd got car sick (I learned the hard way, no books for her in the car!) She was fine once we got to AZ (13 hours later) so we played and played!!

First in Michele and Dave's pool...

Isn't he the sweetest little kid?? I love that face! Christian :)
Grandma Mona chillin' poolside

Syd spots a teasing Uncle Anthon...

Ahh! Run Syd!

Whew! That was close :)

Ha! Love you Uncle Anthon!
She's not been happy in the water lately :(

But baby Roman seems to be getting there already :)
Good work Nash!

Thank goodness for water toys - she loved cruising in this with Taylor
(another cutie of Dave and Michele's!!)

Drew and Roman got more acquainted indoors...


Then we played with the Rawlins!




Ahh this is the life, little cousin Brynn floats along





Dad worked all week doing pest control so this was a welcomed, cool break


Yeah, we had a great time :) Sun, family, and fun, but it's great to be home again!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

SO many CUTE pictures!! I love how you decorated for Syd's party- it looked DARLING!! The pictures of Syd & Anthon @ the pool cracked me up- you can see she senses the danger :).It was a TON of fun having you guys here!! Now only, what? 2-3 more months till we see you again :D... can't wait!!

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

How fun, wish we would have been able to visit. I love that she wanted eyeballs in her pinata! I can't believe how big Drew is, looks like Syd's twin! Just kidding! I get A LOT of people ask if Ruston and Lily are twins-people are stupid! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys next time you're here!

MSorenson said...

I loved all the pictures and having you guys in town, even though it was way too short! Can't wait to see you again and see how the kids, especially Drew continue to change.

Tami said...

Congratulations on Syd's birthday, she is so cute. Good job to Pace for finishing one year of school. It looks like your trip to AZ was fun playing with family. It's so fun to hear about your family's accomplishments and we miss seeing you on Sundays. Take care!

sheri rog said...

love it all...except for the part that we didn't take any damn photos of our fun, fun visit that day! oh well...it will live on in my heart!

what a fun-filled post!

Anonymous said...

yea for pictures! and for swimming!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I love all the pictures! Little Pace is so handsome!! I love your new do!