Tuesday, April 14, 2009

3 Years Old!

Sydney's Happy Birthday: Take 1
I thought the terrible two's ended once they turned 3... :)

Take 2
Pretty close - she's getting it! Her normal response is "Me!"

Take 3
Finally she's got it! Kinda... :)

Saturday we'll celebrate her birthday with friends, food, cake and ice cream, not to mention presents, balloons, streamers... :) Should be fun! Today we had a nice calm evening as a family. Sydney is changing so fast, growing up to be so big. Sad that the baby phase goes away so quickly! But how fun when they start learning their ABC's, numbers, colors, and how to listen to Mommy and Daddy (oh how fun is that, Moms and Dads)! Tantrums still come and yet they go away... I am trying to calmly remind her, "Just be happy, it's okay. Be happy!" Sometimes that works for one of us, occasionally for both, and yet still there are times when neither of us buys into it. :) But we enjoy you, sweet Sydney Anne!! You're a beautiful girl full of energy and spirit. What a fabulous life we have with you in it!

Easter
We had our own little Easter Egg Hunt hosted by Daddy-Pace. Sydney located all the eggs (with help) and promptly shoved a few handfuls of chocolate eggs in her mouth. And here's the situation that followed. Not an entirely accurate depiction of her level of relentlessness (she can be, and typically is, far worse). But you get the idea... :) Seriously, we enjoyed our relaxing Easter Sunday at home all together, a lot :) Happy belated Easter everyone!


("Panda" is Kung Fu Panda in case you were wondering)

Lastly, love the Amish! And my sister for sharing their friendship bread with me! If you want a "starter bag" be one of the first 2 people to post a comment here (will travel)! The bread is delicious and fun/easy to make. :) Love that cinnamon and sugar crust! Yumm! Thanks Nash!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She's TOO cute (& hysterical)!! I love how she screams "NO" in the first video!! I love the 3 picture too!!
PS- I'm not commenting for a starter bag... I'll have 3 to pawn off on Friday :)

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

How cute! She's getting so big! Lily thinks she's Ashleigh. She is in my lap YELLING, "ASH, ASH, ASH!" No, it's SYDNEY :)

Brian, Lish, Lily, & Ruston said...

Whoops..and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYD!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I love how she knows what she wants! Happy 3rd! What cute kids & I love your new hair. It looks great!

sheri rog said...

loved all the footage & she sure does remind me of livie with all that spirit! Ü happy bday, girl!

and that amish bread??? i've been trying to locate a starter bag for months. gimme one!

Lacy Rane said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! We hope we get to see you next week! And I love your new haircut . . . very cute.