Monday, January 14, 2008

Distractions are a beautiful thing

Mom, Syd, Ash, and I at the Zoo....
We all really appreciated the time together, outside in the beautiful weather.



My Mom has suffered a lot over Jared's disappearance, probably more than anyone, I am sure you can imagine. To be honest, if we hadn't lost my other brother Rusty just 3 years ago, I don't think Jared's disappearance would throw up so many red flags. But it does, and we are worried.

But scared we are not, for we are assured of one thing: ultimately, he will be alright. Whether alive or gone, through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we will all be alright. Personally I think he just moved, had a tough few year's beginning with Rus's death and ending with serious financial troubles and emotional instability. However, no news is good news and we do have hope!
That's our update...



PS - My Mom is amazing. The crutches are a result of a life-threatening blood disease she was diagnosed with at the age of 29. She lived in Brazil at the time and was treated with massive doses of steroids. Unfortunately the medicine ended up crippling her joints, but the blood disease was defeated and to this day she is still walking, which is amazing (many miracles she has been a recipient of in her life). Her faith and testimony bless us everyday.
I love her so much!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You have such a great family, I am glad you are so close...I love hearing your testimony and see what a strong person you are. I hope you hear good news soon!

Aleia said...

Keep hanging in there!!!

The Blakes said...

I truly admire your strength and perspective during this trial! We'll keep you and your brother in our prayers!