Monday, January 14, 2008

Pretty Good...

You Belong in New York City

You're the energetic, ambitious type.
And only NYC is fast enough for you.
Maybe you'll set yourself up with a killer career
Or simply take in all the city has to offer.


I may belong in NYC, but I am here, choosing the less materialistic, far more eternally rewarding life of family and motherhood. Although I may struggle with it at times (recently, anyway), I do appreciate my "life in the slow lane".
You can't beat joy
, and it's found in every day life with family and friends. That is certain.


However, life in the "slow lane" can include some continuing education... Aleia, you have inspired me! (Just kidding, I have struggled with this decision since I don't know how long) and today I decided to go ahead and start small - I can't bite off so much that an evening of need by my baby would ruin my academic performance = Econ 211 at MCC.

Two nights a week I can let Pace have some alone time with Syd (which is something he has been pining for, sweet daddy) and stretch my financial awareness a tad. I'm excited! Wouldn't it be wonderful to one day finish my degree!! I think so... Wish us luck. :)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Best of Luck with your educational pursuits. It's a huge challenge but worth it in the end. If parenthood didn't already throw you into high gear then going back to school will certainly do the trick. It may not be the fast pace of a "big city" career but in the end it will definitely be much more fulfilling! Love to you!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

That sounds intriguing - the best part is that you are doing just enough to enjoy a challenge, but not enough to miss your true love, being a wife & mother! I'd love to hear tidbits about what you will be learning!

the Painters said...

Oh gwen, I have been checking back everyday on your blog for any updates. I hope youand your family are getting by. Your sweet mother, she must be worrying so bad. How in the world are you holding up so well? You are a true testimony of what unwavering faith is. I send you my love and thoughts and prayers.

Courtney said...

Good for you! I will do that one day and was just thinking about the day Nathan's life settles down so I can do it too!

Good luck!

ecuakim said...

Rome. And I'm so glad you finally decided about school! Good for you!

The Blakes said...

Yay for school! I've always loved taking a class and the process of learning something new. I hope you enjoy it!