Monday, April 7, 2008

Home At Last

Well, our trip to Lubbock, TX ended up really GOOD. But within the first 24 hours of leaving (12 of which was spent driving mind you) I suffered some major homesickness... I told Pace, "Let's drive back home!" I guess I really am a sissy, though I talk tough. However, once we got to know some of the SWEETEST people there, I felt waaay better.

Pace enjoyed the campus, we both loved the small, yet extremely ornate, temple, plus visited the neighborhoods surrounding it - lovely! It's a mixture of Mesa and Provo in our minds. All brick homes with "large enough" lots (compared to Mesa). Plus those neighborhoods are extremely affordable. I joke and tell Pace, though, that if UofA accepts him we have to go there! Or ASU... :) I can't help it it. But... I know we'll do well wherever he and the Lord decide to take us, I'm sure.

Well, besides our "weekend vacation" with a nearly 2-year-old (who only survived the trip because of the awesome Johnson family we stayed with - they have grandchildren Sydney's age and an awesome toy room to entertain her! I was so thankful!) I am totally thrilled to announce (and Pace is too) that we are PREGNANT! Due mid November. Perfect. :) Life just gets better and better...

PS - Wasn't conference GREAT!!! I so appreciated all the talks directed to young mothers. Sunday afternoon was my favorite session. I bawled. Needed the uplift tremendously, as I am sure we all do from time to time, and time and time again it seems. What a role we are given as mothers. A Weighty, uncontrollable at times pressure and responsibility. Maybe I'm the only one, but after it was all over I felt like, "(Sigh) I think I can go on now." I am so grateful for our church!

12 comments:

Linz said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! So exciting (about all of it but especially the baby on the way!) I am totally putting a ditto on that conference bit! I couldn't agree more! You must keep us all updated on where you decide to go!

Aleia said...

Congrats on your soon to be new addition!

White Family said...

Ahhhh! Congratulations!!! Oh, that really makes me a little baby hungry (don't tell Kyle). That's so exciting, also big congrats on all the offers and scholarships coming in. Sounds like a lot of big and exciting changes are coming your way! How have you been feeling? Let me know if I can bring you guys dinner sometime, if you just need a break!

Emily Tenney Beardall said...

Pregnant! Congratulations Gwen! I am so excited for you guys about everything.

Debbie said...

Congrats!!!! Oh Gwen, we are so excited for you. Keep us posted on when you hear from ASU and U of A. We would love to keep you here in Arizona although I know that my children that have moved to other states have had some really good experiences.

tiffany said...

Congratulations on surviving the road trip as well as the baby! You are in our thoughts. And I too loved Conference, at least the part I was able to pay attention to:)

Keri said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! And, I have to say that it is hard living 2500 miles away from home but I was saved because you really have an automatic family with the church and I am so greatful for that! At least TX is in driving distance so you are one up on me!

Anonymous said...

yay for pregoness!! I am so excited for you!

Raina said...

Hey Gwen! I haven't see you forever! I love the pictures! I will pray for brother I am so sorry!
R

Raina said...

PS Congrats

Layton Clan said...

YEAA YEAA YEAA!!!

I am so happy another little one is coming!

I LOVE YOU LADY!

Jen

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Yeah! I'm SO happy for you! Conference was especially wonderful for us young moms. How fortunate we are that our leaders are inspired to remind us of our divine role!