Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Give Up





Figures, the day after I post the "all's well and happy in Lubbock" update I wake up with the start of a head cold and feeling rather crappy. Then the 2 year olds were acting up, and Drew wouldn't be happy unless I was holding and nursing him all day. Really different day. I thought, serves me right for spending so much time on the computer yesterday, and for relishing the time in a comfort zone... Today was better, though. I thought, "I give up". Tear my couches apart and jump on them. Run screaming through the house with Disney movies on both TV's, play behind the shed, where I have told you to not go a dozen times within the past half hour... Let 'em be kids. I'll clean it up later. And it worked, I kept my sanity. They did at least take their simultaneous 3 hour nap - hallelujah for that! Drew on the other hand...

I was desperate. Their napping is my only quiet time/study time/me time. I had to put him down. Luckily he enjoyed sitting up. We need a Bumbo...



Notice his tiny feet dangling in mid air - not quite big enough for the entertainment center



Yet he seemed content to sit next to me, upright in it. Thank you, baby! Oh, today was a better day, maybe tomorrow will be another improvement... And the cold is getting better, quickly I might add... Love those two year olds :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL- sorry but the 1st picture cracked me up (I know it wasn't funny for you). Drew looks so CUTE!! I'm sorry you had a rough day but glad it worked out... hope you get completely better soon :). LOVE YOU!

sheri rog said...

glad you're day's good over there in TX. mine sucks here in az! just kiddin'. but livie won't take a nap anymore! AHHHHH!

sheri rog said...

oops! i just spelled "your" as "you're". i need to slow down & pay attention while i type.
(i'm rattled with hearing livie playing in her crib instead of taking a darn nap already!)

MSorenson said...

Too funny! Hope the cold is gone by now. Good job letting the kids get their crazy ou on your couch. I think it's good for them every now and then. Drew is adorable in the little saucer, what a big boy.