Monday, February 23, 2009

Stylin' for Church



I love his shoes - found them at Wal Mart. :)
Funny thing about Wal Mart, it's a love-hate relationship. I learned about their business tactics in my Econ class - sharks! Brutal in forcing companies to produce cheaper and cheaper goods (poorer quality, really), leads to offshoring (companies look for cheaper labor and move jobs overseas) Anyway, it's a big debate, both sides have their points on whether it's good or not... Random, I know. I just think it's strange to be among the 80% of consumers who disapprove of Wal Mart, actually dislike the company, yet still shop there... Anyway, cute shoes huh!



Just before church
We're helping Sydney learn to sit still in Sacrament meeting. Before we used to threaten her (when she didn't like nursery) with, "You'd better be good or we're taking you to nursery." Now it's, "Be good or NO NURSERY." That's what she lives for on Sunday - to play with her friends there. It works so far... For the most part. Some days she'll still have a fit to sit by her friend "Taylor!" during Sacrament meeting. It's relentless, and embarrassing when it happens. And sometimes she'll even yell for her Dad to take her to "Time out!" if you can believe it. He sits her butt in a chair in an empty classroom with her nose in the corner... It's supposed to be a punishment, but I guess anything is better to a 2 year old than sitting on a bench quietly (even with books to read) for too long. She can be QUITE a handful on Sundays but she is getting better!

Nash: "What up G?" He's throwing you gang signs... :)



A little father & son time...

4 comments:

sheri rog said...

livie & i loved that little video. so cute of daddy.

and who cares about the jobs overseas thing? as long as we can still get the discounts. Ü

Unknown said...

cute, Cute, CUTE!! That's what your kids are! This post cracked me up-your tangent on Wal-Mart (I know how you feel about them), Sydney in sacrament (she looks ADORABLE), Drew's gang signs, & then his thunder thighs in the video!! LOVED all of it- Man I miss you guys!!

Smith Family said...

Cute! I love their church clothes. I like the picture of Drew in the blue outfit under 3 months old today. The look in his eyes! You two grow cute babies!

MSorenson said...

Okay, I so love this post. The kids look darling for church, Sydney is beautiful! Drew is getting to be such a little man. You have inspired me to add a church post too! I am SO glad to know that Taylor isn't the only kid who actually asks for time out in sacrament! Love it! The shoes are adorable and the Walmart rant so entertaining, I agree, but too shop there!