We lost computer time for a while, ran out of disk space. Our 33GB of hard drive just wasn't enough. (Imagine that - so puny!) Anyway, the problem is now solved, one trip to Best Buy and I walked away with a 750 GB external hard drive, equipped with back-up software. Perfect. My most fulfilling purchase of the year... Undoubtedly the most deliberated. :) Now that my school work is back up to speed I am able to blog again! Hurray :)
September 17th
I celebrated my 32nd birthday! Actually, I postponed celebrating till Friday (felt under the weather during the week). The best part for me was the trip to the mall with Sydney. Seriously, that day (for all the events combined) had to be one of the best days ever.
Started the morning off by painting mine and Syd's toe nails.
(Don't know how I managed to paint mine, maneuvering around this gargantuan belly... but it was so worth it!)
No laughing at my big toes... :)
(Don't know how I managed to paint mine, maneuvering around this gargantuan belly... but it was so worth it!)
No laughing at my big toes... :)

Sydney wasn't going to let me paint her's at first, then she saw the first stroke of color on mine and, "Oooh! Pretty!" I knew I had her. :)
She's a girly-girl through and through!
She's a girly-girl through and through!
Then we hit the mall. Syd walked the entire time, stayed with me too, for the most part. It was so fun! At one point she lead me into a bookstore and plopped down in front of some kids books on sale. I let her "read" for a while then we picked out her favorite book (Little Einsteins, of course) and she spent the rest of the time walking through the mall with her nose stuck in the book. It was too cute, seriously. I even was able to pick out make up, she just sat in a chair at the counter "reading" her book. I loved it so much! I had to think, "Now? Now that she's my buddy, stays with me, is easier/so fun, now I have another one coming?" Guess that's how life works sometimes. Just as one thing gets easier/more comfortable, it's time to move on to the next. :)
That night we had some law school/ward friends over for cake and ice cream. Had a great time visiting!



Above: Amy & Brandon Baker, AKA Pace's golf/softball/tennis buddy when he has time, and his sweet, cool wife that I really enjoy too. Their son Taylor (another "Taylors", Michele ha!) is one of Sydney's favorite friends so pretty much, we all have a great time together. They're a fun family! (Look back a few years and you'll see this beauty in the Miss Utah, USA pageants!)

7 comments:
I LOVED reading about your day with Sydney!! I can just see her reaction to the nail polish & see her walking around the mall with you. I miss you guys SO DANG MUCH & wish I could have been there to celebrate with you... even though you're awesome & have a TON of friends after just a few short months of living there:)!!
Sounds like a great day. How fun to have a little mall buddy. I'm glad you guys have so many friends already. We miss you and can't wait to see you again! I love that Syd has another "Taylors"!
i haven't actually read this post yet, so i'll comment on it in just a little bit, but did you see that you were tagged by me? Ü i just HAD to. you're welcome!
...have fun!
ok...i've read the post now! so cute. i love the toe-nails. i really know livie too, will love that when it comes.
and your friends sound so much fun. i'm glad life is going good in TX!
Happy late B Day!
Hey! Catching up on blogs. I'm sorry we weren't able to come. Thanks for the invite, though! We really do need to get together soon. Happy belated birthday!
Hey. I miss you. Just wanted to say hi. love, kim
Post a Comment